Can the Struggling Odisha FC Beat ISL Leaders Mumbai City?
THIS MONDAY, Odisha FC is all set to face off Mumbai City FC in the Hero ISL 2021-22 at Goa’s Tilak Maidan Stadium.
Even if Mumbai City FC’s defence looked weak in the last two games, they managed to be the ISL leaders on the scoreboard. They have lost only once against Kerala Blasters FC. Last time, they finished the game with a 3-3 draw against NorthEast FC.
Odisha FC lost heavily against Hyderabad FC last time, and it downgraded their performance analytics since their first few games. Here is a complete Match 48 preview to give you a clear picture!
Mumbai City FC
Despite losing a game last time, Mumbai City maintains its top position in the Hero ISL 2021-22. Des Buckingham made three goals in each match for three constant games against Kerala Blasters and Northeast United FC. They have also won four times in a row. Till now, no fresh injury/concern has been reported. Mumbai FC key statistics include:
- They are good at scoring open play goals.
- They hold the record of the most number of goals (21) this season.
- Thet scored the most goals (11) from the open play area this season.
Mumbai FC Key players include:
- Ahmed Jahouh: Ahmed has provided five assists in the last eight matches this season. He has completed 609 passes -which is the highest score by any player.
- Amey Ranawade: The defender has performed well in eight games by making 23 tackles, 11 clearances, 12 blocks, and 12 interceptions.
Odisha still hasn’t performed well as Kiko Ramirez’s team lost three games out of the last four games. They have lost against Jamshedpur FC, Hyderabad FC, and Chennaiyin FC. Till now, no fresh injury/concern has been reported. Odisha FC key statistics include:
- Odisha set-piece woes
- They have scored 11 goals from set-pieces, which is the highest this season.
Odisha FC Key players include:
- Javier Hernandez: He has performed well as a midfielder by scoring four goals and assisted twice so far.
- Lalruatthara: He has been defending hard for Odisha FC while making 26 tackles, 12 blocks, 11 clearance, and nine interceptions.
Mumbai FC vs Odisha FC: Head to Head
This season, Mumbai holds a 7-4 head-to-head record while Odisha FC has faced three draws.
Match 48 Timings and Telecast Details:
Watch the Match of Odisha FC vs Mumbai City FC on 3rd January 2022 in the Tilak Maidan Stadium of Vasco da Gama, Goa. See the live broadcast at 7.30 pm IST on Star Sports 3 or Disney+Hotstar & JioTV.